• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cambro / Polycarbonate container

hattermad

Have an Anova on the way (just couldn't resist), and since in the past my sous-vide setup has been in a large jam maker, I need a container.

I will admit to being lazy, but a quick search on Amazon for 'Cambro' didn't really turn up what I was expecting - anyone have a good UK supplier for containers suitable for a circulator? Ideally with a lid, one I can cut with home tools.

Keep in mind, I am in the US, but I grabbed this one from amazon, along with the matching lid, which I notched out with a coping saw and sander. I also cut out a bit of the lip on the back of the cambro to allow for the Anova to sit a bit more evenly.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NQB63E/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am sure you can find this in the UK, it looks like a pretty standard cambro. Let me know if you want some pics and I will post some. Just as a note, I did a 36 hour pork belly and there were no snags with the size or water level with the cambro and lid.