• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recipe for Roasted Pork Gravy with Tomatoes, Prunes Wanted.

nelson87

Something like this?

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

That is one delicious-sounding treatment for pork. You bet I just printed it and will be heading to the butcher tomorrow. I'll have to look up the word for tenderloin in Spanish.

But at the risk of hijacking this young thread, I remember my mother and grandmother sighing wistfully over a recipe for spare ribs with prunes and raisins. This was from the 50s, so there was no grilling involved, just oven roasting. They lost the recipe and for decades I've tried to find something like that. This recipe for pork tenderloin sounds as close as anything I've found. I think it's the prunes in the sauce.

I don't think this is what the OP wanted, though. It could be a Spanish recipe, given that fruit like raisins or prunes is often combined with tomato and other ingredients and (in México) chiles.

Anyway, thanks for the recipe and the memory.

Nancy in Pátzcuaro

Edited by Nancy in Pátzcuaro (log)
  • Like 2

Formerly "Nancy in CO"