• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Homemade Asian-Style Pork Jerky

YiReservation

Since I don't see a pork jerky recipe on this forum I figure it'd be nice to share my Honey Glazed Pork Jerky recipe. This is one of my favorite snacks to serve in a party. Perhaps you can try to surprise your guests during this holiday season:)

IMG_8190.jpg

Ingredients:

• 2lb ground pork

Pork Marina

• 2tbsp soy sauce
  • 2tbsp fish sauce
  • 2tbsp dark soy sauce
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 2tbsp sugar
  • 1tbsp cooking wine
  • 2tbsp honey
  • 1tsp five-spice powder
  • ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
  • Cayenne pepper powder to your own taste (optional)
For Basting
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 1 tbsp cooking wine

Instructions:

1. In a mixing bowl, combine the ground pork and marinade ingredients

step2.jpg

1. Mix with a spoon or by hand until the pork turns into a paste. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour
  2. Preheat the oven at 375 F. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Put a few spoons of pork on a sheet of parchment paper then cover the put plastic wrap
  3. Gently run a rolling pin over the wrap to flatten the pork and form a thin layer of pork. Prepare the basting glaze by mixing the honey with cooking wine

step4.jpg

1. Bake the pork for about 12 minutes on each side. Carefully flip it once in between
  2. Coat the pork with the honey glaze on both sides. Bake at 400 F for 5 minutes each side. Repeat this step one more time

step6.jpg

1. Cool down the pork jerky on cooling rack. Cut into bite size

The pork jerky can be enjoyed both warm and cold

Edited by YiReservation (log)
  • Like 3

Chef and Editor @ Yi Reservation