• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite Cookie That's Not Homemade?

weinoo

18 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

I'd never heard of Tate's cookies and that link wasn't very informative but I was at Aldi this morning and spotted these:

IMG_4043.thumb.jpeg.57d16b0b886c79df105c0c72bd07bdd1.jpeg

Clearly, not on sale!

I forgot to mention: I like all Tate's EXCEPT PUMPKIN SPICE. As a  matter of fact, anything to do with pumpkin spice, other than pumpkin pie, can kiss my patoot!

Wow - I really screwed that link up!!! Try...https://www.tatesbakeshop.com/ instead.

Edited by weinoo (log)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

3 hours ago, weinoo said:

.... anything to do with pumpkin spice, other than pumpkin pie, can kiss my xxxxxx!

Yo, bro!   Include those shops who pollute their space with pumpkin/gingerbread potpourri.    Kind of excludes us from October through December.   

eGullet member #80.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I actually love the cookies at Chick-fil-A! They're basically an oatmeal/chocolate chip cookie and they are delicious.

• Like 1

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I bought a box of the Goya Maria cookies - suggested by Google as an alternative to my beloved Social Teas.  After my first taste I thought, "no way".  But they are growing on me.  They are less dense than the Social Teas, but have a similar bland, low sugar, plainness that I love 😄.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

I bought a box of the Goya Maria cookies - suggested by Google as an alternative to my beloved Social Teas.  After my first taste I thought, "no way".  But they are growing on me.  They are less dense than the Social Teas, but have a similar bland, low sugar, plainness that I love 😄.  

Have you ever tried Kedem tea biscuits?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lemniscate said:

Have you ever tried Kedem tea biscuits?

I like them. The perect hardness, low sugar, just right with a warm beverage. In my markets they are stocked in the Jewish/kosher section. Cheap too. 

• Thanks 1