• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Jaymes

Christmas Cookies Redux

47 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Just a quick note:

The lime melt aways are really good eaten right out of the freezer while trying to unearth something for dinner.

:laugh: That's my biggest hesitation about baking the cookies in advance! 

I'm currently baking some Neiman Marcus cookies. I got to wondering where/how this urban legend started. It's older than I thought:

https://www.snopes.com/business/consumer/cookie.asp

But the biggest question is: who created this wonderful recipe? It's really a very good cookie. I'm not even sure they'll make it to the freezer at all! I just gave some away to two little boys who were playing in the hallway outside my door. I know I'll bring some downstairs to the doormen when I take my dog out. I've already had some with a cup of coffee. It's a good thing this recipe makes a ton of cookies.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Shelby said:

Just a quick note:

The lime melt aways are really good eaten right out of the freezer while trying to unearth something for dinner.

I can keep out of the Christmas cookies because I have an open package of Keebler Grasshoppers in the freezer also. 9_9

• Like 1
  • Haha 2