• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Taro dishes in Seattle

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

there is a lot of taro I am pretty sure Jade Garden down buy the King Street station .. has  a few  taro based dim sum and they have it on the menu as well

Maylay Satay Hut has  a Buddah's delight in a great big taro bowl and i know you can ask her to make you taro dishes you can "ask" anywhere

(reviews say downtown place is closed I was just there a few months ago ..I have no idea  they have another location in Renton ..wow bummer if they are closed) 

good luck 

Edited by hummingbirdkiss (log)
why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

• 4 weeks later...

Pastrygirl  sorry I missed this ..I saw that and  edited my post ..i was heartbroken when I worked at Harborview I used to go there after work on fridays ordering everything I could carry to eat on my way home on  :( wow ..if you find someplace that makes that yummy taro bowl for Buddah delight like they did ? please let me know  I will make a trip ..I (almost) do not care what is in the bowl the bowl is just so good! I could learn to make it ..but like I need a bunch of taro bowls? 

I actually knew the owners (or partners owners I am not sure )  back when I worked at Harborview and still make their curry chicken (she slipped me the recipe one day as a gift when I left my position) 

Edited by hummingbirdkiss (log)
why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet