• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sign in to follow this  
JTravel

Narbonne, France Market

We were on a tour following the Canal du Midi and we stopped in Narbonne to see canal sights.

It would be a lovely town to base yourself for travel in southern France.

I spent most of my time in the Narbonne market....lovely foods, lots of customers. I wished I needed foods.

Pictures of some of the types of foods....I didn't even make it to the seafood section.

2 market.JPG1 market.JPG1a market.JPG8a market.JPG11.JPG6 market.JPG7 market.JPG8 market.JPG14 market.JPG14a market.JPG16 market.JPG17 market.JPG18 market.JPG

....I wished I needed foods....

I took a barge trip on the Canal du Midi last month and felt the same way about the markets! Thank you for sharing your photos.

Great pics! I particularly liked the one of the tray comfit with the turkey cuisse next to it. Yummy stuff.

Next trip buy stuff & come to our house to cook/eat it; we're not a million miles from the more Northern end of the canal.

Free wine available!

The Narbonne market is amazing--and so are your photos.I spent 10 days in Fitou a few years ago and the Narbonne market was where I spent almost every day. I have never been able to figure out how a town of 25,000 supports a daily market of such variety and quality.

I am working on a blog on the markets of France. Is there any chance that you could share your photos?

Thanks.

Sign in to follow this