• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mary's marinating sticks

Shalmanese

The article is from the Business section. The intended audience is interested in the business development story, not necessarily in using the product.

It does provide a link to the product website, marinatingstick.com, and it says the product is listed in Chefs Catalog and will be sold at Target.

I would be interested to try it!

The article is from the Business section. The intended audience is interested in the business development story, not necessarily in using the product.

It does provide a link to the product website, marinatingstick.com, and it says the product is listed in Chefs Catalog and will be sold at Target.

I would be interested to try it!

It's still an unsatisfying article. Being in the business section does not require incompleteness.

If you go to the web site, there's a video of the inventor (Mary) talking about how she uses the sticks. The sticks shown in the video seem quite huge to me. I imagine the hole they leave behind in the roast/bird will be quite large. So if you don't mind holes in your meat...then you're good to go. :wink:

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver