• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO Recipe for Apple Cider Pancakes with Caramel Apple Cider Sauce

ElsieD

I have been looking for, without success, a recipe for apple cider pancakes that uses all purpose flour (no whole wheat) and reduced apple cider as all or part of the liquid. This can be either a yeast batter or a regular pancake batter. I would like to serve this with a caramel apple cider sauce which I also need a recipe for. If anyone has a recipe for either or both and would like to share it, I would appreciate it.

Is this the kind of thing you're thinking of?
http://userealbutter.com/2013/10/01/apple-cider-pancakes-recipe/

Substitute AP flour for the WW flour, and hold back on some of the liquid so that you have a thick batter. Then gradually add more liquid until the texture of the batter is right. WW flour absorbs more liquid than AP flour, so that's where you'll have to make the adjustment.