• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recreating Ferran Adria's Mint Pond

foodphotography.in

I recently had the wonderful opportunity of photographing a story called Captain Cooks for Vogue magazine (India edition). The magazine enlisted 15 top chefs from around the world to share 1 of their recipes that define the year ahead for them. Ferran Adria's Mint Pond was one of them...

vogue-india-jignesh-jhaveri-food-photogr

As one of the few dishes (that I know of) that invoke the sense of sound whilst eating, it was especially hard work to freeze the pond just right, so as to create a hard ice layer on top, whilst maintaining liquid below. A bit of dry ice between the black pebbles helped create the smoke/mist to add to the cold feel.

The full story is available on my blog at http://foodphotography.in/celebrating-the-worlds-top-chefs-with-vogue/

Bouquets and Brickbats welcome!

• Like 2