• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A vegetable spiral

Ader1

Can anyone suggest to me a type of vegetable spiral that would be able to make this type of spicy cucumber salad? I know that the recipe suggest using a vegetable peeler but was thinking if there are any kind of spiralizers or ribbon makers which would to the job as well?

http://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/spicy-cucumber-salad-sichuan-liang-ban-huanggua

Thanks.

Thank you for your suggestions. Some of those slicers sliced through the whole veg from the outset. But a recipe like the one I posted above requires you to discard the core. Otherwise, all of them would be ideal.

I've got a vertical and a horizontal Benriner. For cukes the vertical one works best.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett