• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fare@ 26 Wilsey Square Ridgewood

jtphjl

just thought I should mention...

A Tiny Treasure seems to be developing a regular following with us locals - stopped in for a quick dinner last night (Thurs). Nothing coming out of Fare is quick and that is not a complaint.

While shrimp stuffed mushrooms ($15.00 special) and chicken dumplings with a ponzu egg drop dipping sauce ($8.00) were being inhailed by the couple next to me, I opted for the Grilled Mahi Mahi Soft Tacos ($22.00) that I had during a previous visit and have been dreaming of since. The open shell corn tortilla was bedded by succulent, lightly chared meaty mahi mahi, paper thin slices of chayote and slightly larger slices of avocado. A lime pico de gallo was part of the ensemble ( more on that later!). My dining companion who had enjoyed the grilled lamb chops with a multi cheese pancake during our last visit, settled on the Soba noodle, field greens salad that gathered straw zucchini and carrots under a giner dressing. The salad was OK, however it was the addition of "my" lime pico de gallo that brought it to the height of delicious and memory making (imho). There was no time for dessert on this spin, however the homebaked cookies (size of cake plates) seemed to be flying out the door.

just thought I should mention...

Ridgewood Fare - 26 Wilsey Square - (201) 857-8400

serving lunch and dinner (closed Sundays and closed Mondays after 3:00)

Jan

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler

• 8 months later...

RIP

6/2014

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler

• 2 weeks later...

the good news...Picnic is coming to Ridgewood!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one little gem to another - hurry Christine and open them doors!

Jan

- Elaine Boosler

• 5 months later...