• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

Kerry, thanks for trying that experiment even if the results were not what one would hope they might be. I think, if diabetics (like my neighbour who I am always trying to find these no-sugar chocolates for) would just start slowly trying unsweetened chocolate they would come to love it and to shun anything with a sweet taste. I know I started eating small bits of 70 and then 80 then 85 and then 95% and now find that 70% is way too sweet for my tastes.

I am not diabetic but I truly cannot stand the taste of any fake sweetener or even the natural 'lo carb' ones like stevia, etc.

Deryn

Deryn

Kerry, thanks for trying that experiment even if the results were not what one would hope they might be. I think, if diabetics (like my neighbour who I am always trying to find these no-sugar chocolates for) would just start slowly trying unsweetened chocolate they would come to love it and to shun anything with a sweet taste. I know I started eating small bits of 70 and then 80 then 85 and then 95% and now find that 70% is way too sweet for my tastes.