Jump to content
  • Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Keith_W

Food funnies

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MelissaH said:

Didn't someone do exactly that a few years ago when they discovered that some of the meat in IKEA's meatballs came from horses?

Food adulteration vs cultural appropriation.  There is no end to the infamy. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen on Facebook:

"I was going to make a pun about herbs and fish, but there's a thyme and a plaice for everything."

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spending too much time on Pinterest sometimes yields a funny....

924e0e428663a33719f5702597dc40d0.jpg
924e0e428663a33719f5702597dc40d0.jpg
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been around on the internet for years, but the recent egCookOff on asparagus seems like a good reason to revive it.

 

Asparagus.jpg.624d3d6cde0374796087eeb62ba0f463.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took me a minute. Now I'll have that song stuck in my head all morning. :P

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend who is a carnivore like me posted this: 

 

5aff8ac07a748_VeggieTacos.thumb.jpg.639a1f11a59406bace332399c20ae314.jpg

 

This was my response:

 

Welcome to heaven. Here's a steak from the fatted calf.

Welcome to hell. The vegan taco bar is open 24/7.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the greatest quality video, but top quality funny.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Saw that on Facebook the other day and had a good laugh! PT Barnum was right.


Edited by Kerry Beal (log)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scrapple:  Dog friends from Delaware brought scrapple  for breakfast one year of the annual Dog Weekend on the farm.  The dogs under the table ate well that meal.  That day I solemnly made a promise never to eat anything which is grey and square. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NY Times reports a mother and son were sickened by rat lungworms in their brains after eating raw centipedes from a farmers' market.  More commonly lungworm infections are due to eating improperly prepared snails.  The Times warns centipedes should never be eaten raw.

 

  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

The NY Times reports a mother and son were sickened by rat lungworms in their brains after eating raw centipedes from a farmers' market.  More commonly lungworm infections are due to eating improperly prepared snails.  The Times warns centipedes should never be eaten raw.

 

I will definitely keep the advice in mind.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

The NY Times reports a mother and son were sickened by rat lungworms in their brains after eating raw centipedes from a farmers' market.  More commonly lungworm infections are due to eating improperly prepared snails.  The Times warns centipedes should never be eaten raw.

 

That is SO revolting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warning: Unbridled profanity ahead (What the %^&* did you expect? It's Billy Connolly.)

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Potatoes Of The Night - Billy Connolly
 

See warning last post.

 

 

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2018 at 8:33 AM, chromedome said:

Took me a minute. Now I'll have that song stuck in my head all morning. :P

 

Okay, obviously, it's taken me more than a minute. I get "sweet dreams are made of these" (cheese), "who am I to disagree" (dis a brie) and possibly "everyone's looking for something" (stilton), but what is the translation of "I cheddar the world" and "the feta cheese"? Sorry to be so thick.

 

My best guess at the two I do not get after going and listening to the Eurythmics' "Sweet Dreams" song, is that they are "I travel the world and the seven seas". If that is the case those two are kinda lame, but, the others are very clever plays.

 

The good part is that I went back and listened to the song again, which I have always liked. :D 

 

Here's ChocoMom's original post:

 

On 5/12/2018 at 9:32 AM, ChocoMom said:

Spending too much time on Pinterest sometimes yields a funny....

924e0e428663a33719f5702597dc40d0.jpg
924e0e428663a33719f5702597dc40d0.jpg

 

@liuzhou,

 

Thanks for posting about Billy Connolly. I'd never heard of him before you brought him onto my radar, and I often go down a rabbit hole with the YouTube links after you do, as I am fixing to get back to just now. He's hilarious!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, liuzhou said:

Potatoes Of The Night - Billy Connolly
 

See warning last post.

 

 

 

Thank you dear man.  I have never seen those two.  I have loved the #*%() Billy Connolly...now Sir Billy Connolly...since I first saw him on TV lo these many years.  And someone coming up behind him, Danny Bhoy.  The only two comedians who actually make me laugh out loud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darienne said:

Thank you dear man.  I have never seen those two.  I have loved the #*%() Billy Connolly...now Sir Billy Connolly...since I first saw him on TV lo these many years.  And someone coming up behind him, Danny Bhoy.  The only two comedians who actually make me laugh out loud.

 

 I think he is the funniest man on the planet. And also a great actor.His role in Mrs Brown was stunningly good.

I have met him twice (but seen him in performance more often). Once before he was famous outside Glasgow.  I was a student and had a part-time weekend job in a Glasgow record shop. He bought a Kinks album from me. Several years later, I met him again, in a London restaurant. His act isn't an act. He is really like that. And his very long shows are totally unscripted or rehearsed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, liuzhou said:

 

 I think he is the funniest man on the planet. And also a great actor.His role in Mrs Brown was stunningly good.

I have met him twice (but seen him in performance more often). Once before he was famous outside Glasgow.  I was a student and had a part-time weekend job in a Glasgow record shop. He bought a Kinks album from me. Several years later, I met him again, in a London restaurant. His act isn't an act. He is really like that. And his very long shows are totally unscripted or rehearsed.

 

I first saw him in 1990-91 when he took over from Howard Hesse in "Head of the Class', an American TV show.  He's funny just standing there.  Have followed him since then.  Lucky you to have met him.  

Do you know Danny Bhoy?  Do look him up on YouTube.  

Of course, my other big favourite is the late John Pinette.  I am not what you would ever call a 'fun' person, but these three are my kind of comedian. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had never before heard of Billy Connolly. I'm glad now I have...and as a quick payoff, my vocabulary has expanded by one abbreviation. I look forward to being able to use "TFD" 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK.  Here's the Scottish Breakfast from Danny Bhoy.  Again a warning of unbridled profanity.  Not his best, but pretty good.
 

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Darienne said:

OK.  Here's the Scottish Breakfast from Danny Bhoy.  Again a warning of unbridled profanity.  Not his best, but pretty good.
 

I love Danny Bhoy, but hadn't ever seen this one!  Thanks for posting.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must admit that I am not that fond of Connely - not because of his profanity, but a true comedian is at his or her best when they do not laugh at there own humour, which Connaly does all the time - he spends more time laughing at himself than telling a humourous story. Danny Bhoy appears not to do so although I do not know him other than the clip above. One of the better comedians, to me, was David Allen, unfortunately no longer with us. Do a YouTube search for his videos.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×