Jump to content
  • Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Keith_W

Food funnies

Recommended Posts

sadly funny

 

Quote

Farm Girl Café, Chelsea: ‘We don't stay for dessert, because we have suffered enough’ – restaurant review

The food was so bad, a nearby Yorkshire terrier started to look more appetising

 

Here

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd actually just read that about 20 minutes ago, while aimlessly wandering the internet as insomniacs do. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend who I don't think is pregnant sent me this a few minutes ago.

5aa6775e4d97b_WeChatImage_20180312190100.jpg.eb229841735e3445fa33f5b041e2e5f5.jpg

 

Made me laugh!

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, this isn't photoshopped. I saw this in Walmart today in Costa Rica and I just had to take a picture of it. It struck me funny the moment that I saw it. Nothing like reviewing your own product.

20180312_120348.thumb.jpg.586ca4c040a15dc1d96ff71273154c7e.jpg


Edited by Tropicalsenior Editing correction (log)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tropicalsenior said:

No, this isn't photoshopped. I saw this in Walmart today in Costa Rica and I just had to take a picture of it. It struck me funny the moment that I saw it. Nothing like reviewing your own product.

20180312_120348.thumb.jpg.586ca4c040a15dc1d96ff71273154c7e.jpg

 

With that thin metal handle, I can well believe that it is miserable for use.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that I've posted from this site before but I couldn't resist this one. Despite the name, I'm going to give this recipe a try. It really is a shame that the translations are so bad because she has some pretty good recipes on her site.

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

I know that I've posted from this site before but I couldn't resist this one. Despite the name, I'm going to give this recipe a try. It really is a shame that the translations are so bad because she has some pretty good recipes on her site.

 

I especially like this sentence:  After the fermentation, the fart bag is bulging up like a little bum. One of them is in a hurry because it is not ready to rub. :laugh:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

I especially like this sentence:

I liked that sentence but this one is my favorite "Well, pack the ass cream baked".


Edited by Tropicalsenior Editing correction (log)
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't decide if this is funny or brilliant or both.

 

Recipe graffiti found somewhere in England.

 

graffiti.thumb.jpg.ec1360a3bca8949440cd04b44bde6642.jpg

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spotted this today. Amused me. Nothing wrong with a Lebanese Japanese-Peruvian restaurant.

 

In Vietnam.

 

20180424_124419.jpg


Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, liuzhou said:

Nothing wrong with a Lebanese Japanese-Peruvian restaurant.

 And I thought I had grasped the concept of fusion cuisine.  

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, liuzhou said:

Spotted this today. Amused me. Nothing wrong with a Lebanese Japanese-Peruvian restaurant.

 

In Vietnam.

 

20180424_124419.jpg

 

 

Is that really all one restaurant?  I can find review of Blanchy Street as a Japanese-Peruvian restaurant but none of the reviewers mention Lebanese items.  Regardless, a remarkable mash-up to find in Ho Chi Minh City! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is that it's two establishments, one Lebanese and one Japanese-Peruvian.  I understand Japanese-Peruvian is not an uncommon ethnicity in certain places.

 

Of course I once had a lovely dinner at an Afghan Thai restaurant semi-locally.  For reasons of décor the eating areas were separate spaces with separate entrances that shared a common kitchen.  Run by a couple one of whom was Thai and the other Afghan.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Anna N said:

 And I thought I had grasped the concept of fusion cuisine.  

con fusion

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In various places throughout EG, I've written about my dear Father in Law, aka Grandpa.  We all know he does not come with a filter, but for the life of me, it is damn impossible to predict when he's going to drop one of his lines. Tonight, my daughter's 13th birthday party was one of those nights.   Sitting at the adults table, I finally decided to grab a plate of food and rest me feet.     Grandpa was talking with his brother's son about gall bladder issues, and his brother Carl.     And out of the blue, Gramps went off. 

 

To his nephew...."Your Dad did himself in, ya know.  He burnt the hell out of his rectum with dat damn chili of his!  He made it so damned hot and spicy! My God, the hemorrhoids!  He was crazy!"    

 

I nearly died. My face went right down into my plate of food, and I could not stop laughing.  My side still hurts. Is it just my family, or does anyone else out there have a family member like this??????!!!!

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ChocoMom said:

In various places throughout EG, I've written about my dear Father in Law, aka Grandpa.  We all know he does not come with a filter, but for the life of me, it is damn impossible to predict when he's going to drop one of his lines. Tonight, my daughter's 13th birthday party was one of those nights.   Sitting at the adults table, I finally decided to grab a plate of food and rest me feet.     Grandpa was talking with his brother's son about gall bladder issues, and his brother Carl.     And out of the blue, Gramps went off. 

 

To his nephew...."Your Dad did himself in, ya know.  He burnt the hell out of his rectum with dat damn chili of his!  He made it so damned hot and spicy! My God, the hemorrhoids!  He was crazy!"    

 

I nearly died. My face went right down into my plate of food, and I could not stop laughing.  My side still hurts. Is it just my family, or does anyone else out there have a family member like this??????!!!!

My parents lived with my grandmother and cared for her for many years as she sank into Alzheimer's. At one point in the disease's progression, her "filter" abruptly disappeared, and my mom was frequently mortified/wildly amused by the things that left her mouth during everyday errands to the store and suchlike ("Heavens, look at that! If my backside was that size, I certainly wouldn't wear stretchy pants!"). 

 

My uncle used to come and spell off my parents occasionally for a respite weekend, and on one of those visits she had one of her lucid intervals. For those who haven't had to interact regularly with an Alzheimer's sufferer, they'll occasionally be perfectly rational within the moment but be cut adrift from their own memories, much like an amnesia patient in a movie. During one of those moments, this exchange occurred: 


Her: Who are you again? 
Him: I'm your oldest son, mom. I'm David.
Her, musing: So I must have gotten married, then. Who did I marry?
Him: You married Wallace [X].

Her: Oh, little Wally! He was such a card, I always liked him. (pause) Is he still around? 

Him: No, mom. He was killed back in 1975.*

Her, crestfallen: Oh. (sotto voce) Did I do it?

*He died in a car accident on his way home from work. 

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chromedome said:

("Heavens, look at that! If my backside was that size, I certainly wouldn't wear stretchy pants!")

 

Ms. Alex makes that observation regularly -- fortunately, not loud enough for the pants-wearer to to hear it. She also will make a similar comment about midriff-baring tops.

------------

A scriptwriter couldn't have come up with a better exchange than the one between your uncle and your grandmother.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alex said:

 

 

A scriptwriter couldn't have come up with a better exchange than the one between your uncle and your grandmother.

 

It was the highlight of the funeral speeches, without question. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

 

Amused me.

 

 

 Yes. I had come across that and found it quite amusing. As if one can actually trace the DNA of a meatball!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Anna N said:

 Yes. I had come across that and found it quite amusing. As if one can actually trace the DNA of a meatball!  

Didn't someone do exactly that a few years ago when they discovered that some of the meat in IKEA's meatballs came from horses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×