• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Keith_W

Food funnies

3 hours ago, chromedome said:

5a7b1abba550c_dd.thumb.jpg.88a103359a7ec27a0d16d6893aec316c.jpg

OK, you win.  I love this SO much!

• Like 1

I can't claim credit, my daughter sent me a link to a Facebook page (it was a different but equally geeky meme) and I found this one when I scrolled down a few screens' worth. I just knew it belonged in this thread...

From a dear colleague at work tonight:  "Did you know gluten intolerance was genetic?  ...it's in bread."

• Haha 6

This amused me. It doesn't take much.

• Like 1

The NY Times today had a science article about counting.  Chimpanzees and many species count better than humans and Norwegians, although counting itself is very primitive.  The Times reported that a human from 15,000 years ago could probably be understood by Neanderthal neighbors when discussing small numbers.  The brain area for mathematics, it seems, has little to do with the brain area for linguistics.

And if this doesn't apply to food, it applies to being eaten.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, liuzhou said:

This amused me. It doesn't take much.

What an eggxtraordinary mistake. :P

Does my cursed Instant Pot mock God?
Yes. Summoning the powers of a profane occultist nightmare to save time in the kitchen is an abomination and an affront to God.

If this concerns you, please consider one of the many non-cursed Instant Pots available on our website.

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/faq-your-new-cursed-instant-pot

• Like 1

I was in my local supermarket earlier, looking for a type of pickled vegetable I wanted. They didn't have it, but I spotted this which made me titter.

20180218_165623.thumb.jpg.72cb00866161691bb3742364ec647e3e.jpg

Definitely winner of the "Useless Information" Oscar 2018. I'm in China! Everything is eaten with rice! Even rice is eaten with rice!

Then I noticed this.

20180220_115516.thumb.jpg.53e5c20982293e28c7b26916272d7f6d.jpg

Got to be better than tasteless vegetables.

I checked out the ingredients list on the back of each pack. They are identical. Yet the one for rice is a smidgeon more expensive. It takes more ink to write "Vegetable eaten with rice" than "Tasty vegetable", I suppose.

No, I didn't buy either.

• Haha 7