• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Keith_W

Food funnies

Not really a joke, just something that made me chuckle.

I somehow ended up an email list from "Kitchn." Yesterday's lead item was a recipe for "3-Ingredient Garlicky Potatoes," a recipe that had 6 ingredients. I learned the difference between the quantities of three and six 58 years ago.

• Haha 3

Can't figure out how to do it but today's (19 November 2017) comic Pickles by Brian Crane was snort out loud funny.........

His wife wore the dress she cooked bacon in to church and he loved it when she smelled like a pig.

• Haha 2

I love Pickles.  Our paper doesn't publish on Sunday but I managed to find it on-line.  Thaks for drawing  attention to it.

On 11/19/2017 at 10:56 AM, suzilightning said:

Can't figure out how to do it but today's (19 November 2017) comic Pickles by Brian Crane was snort out loud funny.........

His wife wore the dress she cooked bacon in to church and he loved it when she smelled like a pig.

That is a funny one!  Here's the comic in question.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Smithy said:

Pearls Before Swine, on Thanksgiving.

LOL!  This is very similar to the Thanksgiving card I gave Mr. Kim.

• Like 1

Not sure where this most appropriately belongs but here seems a  reasonable fit!

Only in Canada?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

38 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Funny that the company in question apologized to her, but didn't suggest she could start using the original name again. Is that a non-apology? 9_9

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Yep, a non-apology . . . . . otherwise known as good BS PR - all is not what the normal citizen in the street thinks!

But, those "Beaver Tails" AKA Canadian Semiaquatic Rodent Posterior Donuts, are pretty much equivalent to our "Vetkoek" in South Africa, except they are made flat whereas our ones are similar to a burger bun. Ours are served with cinnamon and sugar or cut open and served with a curry mince filling. Good street food!

• Like 1
  • Delicious 1

12 hours ago, Smithy said:

Funny that the company in question apologized to her, but didn't suggest she could start using the original name again. Is that a non-apology? 9_9

"sorry, not sorry"?

• Haha 1

A young journalist was interviewing a grizzled old war vet.

After a few basic questions, the journo gingerly asked, “Did you ever kill anyone?”.

The old man smiled and in a soft voice replied, “Probably, . . . . I was the cook.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Ive never seen so many Croc;s in one place !

very few around here

and Id like another pair !

may not that particular model though 

thanks.

I can't say ' nice '

but Ill say its very well written

and I enjoyed it.

• Like 1

On the "mildly sarcastic" side of food funnies, a local chef Instragrammed his daily special recently. It was an artisan grilled cheese sandwich, smothered in cheese sauce, browned under the salamander, then topped with crispy Southern-fried chicken skin as a garnish.

He hashtagged it with #dietfood and #beachbody. :P

• Haha 1