• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Keith_W

Food funnies

The husband-proof grocery list 

Here.

It's not just husbands who need a grocery list such as this. I speak from experience. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I always made lists but then I'd get a call from The Mister who said he couldn't read my (printed) handwriting.

Edited by lindag (log)

19 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Here.

It's not just husbands who need a grocery list such as this. I speak from experience. 

That's a hoot.  I would add one thing.  I would includes a drawing of what two looks like II and what 4 looks like IIII so that when I ask for 2 smoked picnic shoulder as I did last week, he doesn't come home with four.

That still wouldn't work with my son-in-law. His M.O. is to just shrug and fill the cart with stuff he likes (and they can't afford) and then say "I couldn't find the things that were on the list."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

Here.

Amusing, but certainly not new. Here is one by the artist Michelangelo (1475-1564) for his semi-literate servant.

Picture1.thumb.jpg.fccc52b0fe19bb7d3fbee4ab6c2451a0.jpg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, chromedome said:

How to resist a band that writes lines like "say I'm the only bee in your bonnet"?

Or "Triangle man, Triangle man/Triangle man hates particle man/They have a fight, Triangle wins/Triangle man"

Or "Can't shake the devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Here's what they look (and sound) like: NPR Tiny Desk Concert   At the Kennedy Center 

7 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Today's Foxtrot: PIZZA as an acronym

So, I wonder what S.T.E.A.K and L.O.B.S.T.E.R stands for!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnT said:

So, I wonder what S.T.E.A.K and L.O.B.S.T.E.R stands for!

Steamed Tofu, Eggplant, And Kale

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, chromedome said:

I think this is legitimate for our thread, since it addresses at least the "drink" side of food and drink...

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/drunk-man-arrested-claims-he-time-travelled-to-warn-of-aliens-1.3619979

I'll see your aliens and raise you one wombat.

Mr Stringer said alcohol had played a big part in Cradock's life. However, defence lawyer Michael Vesty said alcohol was not a problem that day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/5/2017 at 2:30 PM, Alex said:

Side salad

Complete with terrible looking slices of styromate and brown lettuce. I guess it's funny in a way, but not if you're the paying customer who receives this pathetic excuse for a salad. Wish they had said where it was from so people would know to eat somewhere else. :) Or maybe they just concocted it for amusement?

43 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

Complete with terrible looking slices of styromate and brown lettuce. I guess it's funny in a way, but not if you're the paying customer who receives this pathetic excuse for a salad. Wish they had said where it was from so people would know to eat somewhere else. :) Or maybe they just concocted it for amusement?

You do realise that The Onion is a satire site?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, liuzhou said:

You do realise that The Onion is a satire site?

TftC is in good company.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

tomato.jpg.454f774da648ec403f993458be7cf999.jpg

The New Yorker

A cartoon by Julia Suits.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Zucchini: Is there anything it can't do?

A German man feared a monster courgette he found in his garden was an unexploded World War Two bomb and called the police.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3