• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Keith_W

Food funnies

240 posts in this topic

I have reheated food in the engine bay of the car a few times whilst traveling. 

2 hours ago, Captain said:

I have reheated food in the engine bay of the car a few times whilst traveling. 

Believe it or not, there's a book about that.

1 person likes this

> ^ . . ^ <

6 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

Believe it or not, there's a book about that.

I never purchased that book, but I looked through it many times in bookstores.  First of all, I think "Manifold Destiny" is one of the all-time best American pun titles.  Second, I loved that it gave cooking times in miles instead of hours and minutes. xD

4 people like this

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

How To Cook A Healthy Baby.

In my new rental apartment there is a new induction type microwave -  something I've never used. I have been unable to find an instruction book, but then I can't find anything in this maze of unopened boxes and bags.

I decided to have a look at the control panel, not that it helped much despite being bingual. But I'm delighted that it has a setting for cooking healthy babies to perfection - and you wouldn't want to cook an unhealthy one, would you?

20170428_163515.thumb.jpg.f6968606452e3b8042677196468c2997.jpg

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

It is difficult to push the like button for a microwave that cooks babies!  Do you have any clue from the Chinese characters, what is an appropriate translation?

Edited by Anna N (log)

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

It is difficult to push the like button for a microwave that cooks babies!  Do you have any clue from the Chinese characters, what is an appropriate translation?

Nope. The English is an accurate translation of the Chinese. I reckon it must be the work of a Swiftian.

2 people like this

34 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

Nope. The English is an accurate translation of the Chinese. I reckon it must be the work of a Swiftian.

...but with the exchange rate and shipping costs, who could afford Irish babies?

1 person likes this

Fat=flavor

11 minutes ago, pastrygirl said:

One man's response to kitchen clutter:  

http://www.justincousson.com/passiveaggressive-art-gallery/

Love it! Bully for this guy's sense of humor, but nasty disrespectful behavior in MY kitchen will turn me into a(n) passive-aggressive, screaming (rhymes with witch). I have to admit, that makes his take even funnier. xD

2 people like this

> ^ . . ^ <

2 hours ago, liuzhou said:

That truly explains everything.  Reminds me of language lessons my pub mates used to give me, trying to teach me how to talk proper in York.  We had a fine time of it. xD

3 people like this

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Ah, yes, I recall a Latin professor taking me pub crawling through Oxford in the 1960's.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, liuzhou said:

"This is not a broiler, because broil is not a word."

"However, the bread roll can also be referred to as a bun, dinner roll, bap, cob, barm, kaiser roll, bread cake, barm cake, batch, muffin, softie, or buttery, depending on where you are. This is a perfectly reasonable state of affairs." 

xD

> ^ . . ^ <

This is a recipe posted in a sailing forum I monitor:

BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN

Ingredients:
6-7 lb. chicken
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing
1 cup uncooked popcorn
salt/pepper to taste

Method:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Brush chicken well with melted butter, salt and pepper.
Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. 
Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven. 
Listen for popping sounds. 
When the chicken's ass blows the oven door open and the chicken stuffing/popcorn flies across the galley, it is done.

5 people like this

Cape Town - At the foot of a flat topped mountain with a tablecloth covering it.

Some time ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.