• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Funnies

Keith_W

120136550_3389948057752154_2584932986277379017_n.thumb.jpg.3e866f8fe614ec670d628a9eb81687c1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

120499415_1320260031657311_8145432373769297836_o.thumb.jpg.403edc0225302e01365440e62de5f8f0.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

5 minutes ago, rotuts said:

it comes down , again to the Bacon.

My GF likes to keep Food Network (Canada) on in the background through the day, so if she happens to look up she'll see something appetizing.

I happened to be walking through the room when "You Gotta Eat Here" was on, and caught this exchange...

Chef: "Okay, so now we put in a bit of our house-cured bacon..."
Host: "You put bacon in your slaw?"

Chef: "Yeah, just a -..."
Host: (hugs him)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, chromedome said:

My GF likes to keep Food Network (Canada) on in the background through the day, so if she happens to look up she'll see something appetizing.

I happened to be walking through the room when "You Gotta Eat Here" was on, and caught this exchange...

Chef: "Okay, so now we put in a bit of our house-cured bacon..."
Host: "You put bacon in your slaw?"

Chef: "Yeah, just a -..."
Host: (hugs him)

There's not much bacon won't improve.

Witness bacon jam. I have people bargain with me for bacon jam. I do have to admit it is the finest thing out there to put on top of a grilled burger. Bacon jam, caramelized onions, blue cheese. Kill me now!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

14 minutes ago, kayb said:

There's not much bacon won't improve.

Witness bacon jam. I have people bargain with me for bacon jam. I do have to admit it is the finest thing out there to put on top of a grilled burger. Bacon jam, caramelized onions, blue cheese. Kill me now!

I'm with you on the bacon jam and caramelized onions. Never could get my taste buds wrapped around blue cheese on beef, though. To me, it's just a way to replicate the flavor of spoiled beef, without actually making yourself sick. Love all the pieces separately, just can't abide them together.

I also have a bacon marmalade I scooped from the markdowns rack at Walmart one day, to the mental accompaniment of "where have you been all my life?" or some such. It's exactly as good as you'd think.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

123771543_10157352444741373_3976591951856717211_o.jpg.332490d570f4a2409171c01919e04665.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

123398256_1040391386369970_6663550967890414181_o.jpg.fd1e34229dd5050bc5e4b1721883f74a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3