• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Funnies

Keith_W

Heard a Dr. on TV saying in this time of Coronavirus staying at home we should focus on inner peace. To achieve this we should always finish things we start and we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked through the house to find things i'd started and hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum u luvum. And two hash yer wands, stafe day avrybobby!!!

Edited by Tropicalsenior
Spelling (log)
  • Haha 10

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

@weinoo 

ive always had trouble seeing embedded vids   

dont know why    flashPlayer ?  safari blocking this or that ?

if possible would you add the original link ?  YouTube I can see if its a YT link

thanks     love to hear what they say

carbonara is one of my favorite.

On 4/5/2020 at 6:19 AM, rotuts said:

@weinoo 

ive always had trouble seeing embedded vids   

dont know why    flashPlayer ?  safari blocking this or that ?

if possible would you add the original link ?  YouTube I can see if its a YT link

thanks     love to hear what they say

carbonara is one of my favorite.

I'm not Mitch , but I copied the video's URL from YouTube. Here you go:  https://youtu.be/bnZ_70XyVAk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

@TdeV 

these are difficult times .

anything w a cork , a fake cork , a twist top  

[ed.:  Rotuts currently has no twist tops ]

counts.

have been out of Zin for some time , as the price

and 20 ++ years for it to mature properly 

has passed me by.

various red blends at TJ's are Potable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Poor guy.

Doug.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

5 hours ago, Darienne said:

Here's something I stumbled across early this morning:

https://mymodernmet.com/pastry-art-mini-worlds-matteo-stucchi/

I am sooo glad I clicked on that link. Those are brilliant!

• Like 3

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

• 2 weeks later...

93257834_10158639277200934_3235455561940074496_n.thumb.jpg.bf4fa2d02d830539d28fd88cc3adecda.jpg

• Haha 10

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

On 4/10/2020 at 12:39 PM, Alex said:

Poor guy.

Doug.jpg

That’s funny...a friend has been divorced twice each time hubby was Doug.  She was house And dog sitting our three pouches for us and we got an email saying she had to put one of the dougs down due to illness which we were expecting but this reminds me of that.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, chromedome said:

93257834_10158639277200934_3235455561940074496_n.thumb.jpg.bf4fa2d02d830539d28fd88cc3adecda.jpg

Magritte would be proud.

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

91153089_3254762527871440_394107667959775232_n.jpg.9c703977f1619c75a11d71714c52ea1b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

94640845_1609536242541771_3761435897166299136_o.thumb.jpg.09ae0b7e61018d63afe55f06724a4753.jpg

• Haha 4