• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Funnies

Keith_W

9 hours ago, heidih said:

It is Pooh , Tigger and Eyore watching cookies bake. :Thats what friends are for" Cue Dionne -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyTpu6BmE88

Really? Looks to me like they’re watching Piglet roast. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

On 12/24/2019 at 5:13 AM, liuzhou said:

Merry Crimble.

I loved this so much that I used it as my Christmas greeting this year. All my friends and family enjoyed it as much as I did. I did accidentally send it to a niece who is a born-again Christian (I don't quite understand this, it seems like once should be enough for anyone). She thought it was hilarious My grandson even had it enlarged poster size and hung it in his office. He works for Amazon. Thank you for the great Christmas humor.

• Like 2

This is more sad than funny.  I was browsing a pasta recipe on the KitchenAid website...

Ingredients:

-------------------------------------------------

3 cups all-purpose flour

1/4 tsp. Kosher salt

2 large eggs

1 tbsp. olive oil

---------------------------------------------------

Chef's Tips

For best results weigh the flour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

That is amusing. Great shot composition. Imagine the sun on the dark car really heats up the drying process.  My friends used to laugh and ask why there was a tofu container on my back lawn- Taiwanese neighbor would put a treat in it and shove under hole in back fence for piggy labrador.  I've done the drying of stuff like that in the front - neighbors just shake their heads and walk on.  

2 minutes ago, IowaDee said:

"Lettuce" hope a sudden wind doesn't come up or there may be a tossed salad! I know, it is cabbage but I couldn't help myself.

Don't worry. I passed by again about three hours later and although the car was still there it had been decabbaged. And there was no wind.

• Haha 2

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

image.thumb.png.7ee081b8b3d8caf9cf5cfab161bacefb.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

9 hours ago, chromedome said:

image.thumb.png.7ee081b8b3d8caf9cf5cfab161bacefb.png

Reminds me of this Calvin and Hobbes:

onions.gif

Edited by Alex (log)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

an artesian truffle oil”

Whoa!. There are wells of this stuff?  Personally I hate it but there must be people who are excited to know that it can be hard in such abundance.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Some of you may have seen this already:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/11/us/family-feud-canada-popeyes-trnd/index.html

Edited by chromedome (log)
  • Haha 5

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

Pretty much. In fact her sheepish comment to reporters after this blew up was "...at least I'm pretty..."

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Pretty much. In fact her sheepish comment to reporters after this blew up was "...at least I'm pretty..."

Now that I love.  

Having spent most of my life as a Brunette and accidentally becoming a Blonde after a bad bicycling accident (long story),  I can attest to this reality.  Suddenly, I was 10 times prettier than I had ever been and garnered more attention than I could believe.  OK.  That was over a very long time ago....but I'll always remember it with fondness. 

• Like 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.