• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Funnies

Keith_W

4 hours ago, dcarch said:

It has been a while since i posted a cartoon.

dcarch1839413864_squidswissarmyknife.thumb.JPG.b219e832410c29e8967826c1c86de3dc.JPG

WOW!  John would love that......especially if there were a leatherman incorporated as well.

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

It's half an hour long, but the first seven of so minutes are definitely food related and there are sporadic references thereafter. Michael Crawford as Frank Spencer, one of British comedy's classics. Pure slapstick.

NB. He never used stuntmen. All his stunts he did himself.

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

This is only marginally food-related but the number of puns in this LA Times report entertained me: CHP nabs motorist who hatched plan to avoid tolls using sticker from chicken wing package

A motorist ran afoul of the law this week when he used a sticker from a pound of teriyaki chicken wings he had purchased at Safeway to cover his license plate to avoid paying a freeway toll in Marin County, according to the California Highway Patrol.

The tricky move was enough to ruffle some feathers at the CHP, which posted photos of the sticker on the license plate to its Facebook page, saying the incident falls in the “we couldn’t even make this up” category.

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, CantCookStillTry said:

My husband is the Smartest of Asses. 

"Here take a picture of this for your internet friends" 

I give you Tots, still frozen, alla my PITA. 

20181223_223329.thumb.jpg.e112120573f2285e4000cd0f28dff1dd.jpg

Tothenge

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

Tot circles. The aliens have visited.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

18 minutes ago, Norm Matthews said:

I was not sure where to post this. I guess this is as good a place as any.  Sister gave us some Omaha steaks so I went to the store to get something to go with it and saw this. It made me laugh, so I got some.

20181227_113651.jpg

Superb food labelling.

• Like 7

People (actually men) round here play this dumb drinking game a lot. The basic idea is that you hold out a number of fingers, but yell a different number. If you screw up (which you are likely to do the more drunk you get) then you have lost and are "punished" by having to drink one cup of whatever you are having. Here lies my major objection. Why is drinking a punishment? Surely the winner should be rewarded with a glass of whatever.

Anyway, this chap hasn't quite worked out all the principles.

Reward yourself extra points if you know what language he is speaking.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure all the pet people can relate...

image.png.d1c59b4f93c8edb070571e11ff6300f2.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

On 1/1/2019 at 4:13 AM, liuzhou said:

and just for New Year, possibly the most popular food comedy ever.

I meant to find this again for New Years, but it flew right out of my head, so thanks. It takes a bit for my sense of humor to warm up, but by the time the film is drawing to a close, I'm laughing so hard tears are coming out of my eyes.

• Like 1

> ^ . . ^ <

11 hours ago, chromedome said:

I'm sure all the pet people can relate...

image.png.d1c59b4f93c8edb070571e11ff6300f2.png

When my eldest, now 37, was in kindergarten, you could still take home-baked treats to school for birthdays. I made and iced cupcakes, set them on a tray on the counter, went to the grocery to pick up juice boxes. Came home to find the Wiemaraner had licked the icing off ALL the cupcakes (and eaten two). Didn't have time to make more cupcakes. Re-iced those, and took them on.

Nobody died. In fact, I seriously doubt any child has ever died from eating after the family pet.

Damn Weimaraner. Though she was not as bad as her successor who ate, at varying times, a two-pound can of coffee, a bottle of 98 iron supplement tablets, an entire box of fundraiser chocolate bars, a box of shotgun shells, and the back of the bathroom door.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Well someone some elsewhere mentioned eating kid food off floor and getting grout so perfect term. Dan Pashman  For breakfast, I had a few bits of cheesy scrambled egg, a handful of grapes, and several pieces of Life cereal from the floor, which may have been mixed with dislodged crumbs of tile grout. 

Edited by heidih (log)
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Seen in the medical center cafeteria today 

Almost better than the glutton-free beer we saw on a menu somewhere  if you remember. 

• Haha 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

Almost better than the glutton-free beer we saw on a menu somewhere  if you remember. 

I think of that beer every time I see the words 'gluten free'. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

Food52 shared this New Yorker cartoon today.  I couldn't decide whether to post it here or over in the "cooking through your freezer thread" 🙃

It is perfect. I just had to print out a copy to attach to my refrigerator/freezer.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog