• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Funnies

Keith_W

Not really a joke, just something that made me chuckle.

I somehow ended up an email list from "Kitchn." Yesterday's lead item was a recipe for "3-Ingredient Garlicky Potatoes," a recipe that had 6 ingredients. I learned the difference between the quantities of three and six 58 years ago.

• Haha 3

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

• 2 weeks later...

Can't figure out how to do it but today's (19 November 2017) comic Pickles by Brian Crane was snort out loud funny.........

His wife wore the dress she cooked bacon in to church and he loved it when she smelled like a pig.

• Haha 2

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

On 11/19/2017 at 10:56 AM, suzilightning said:

Can't figure out how to do it but today's (19 November 2017) comic Pickles by Brian Crane was snort out loud funny.........

His wife wore the dress she cooked bacon in to church and he loved it when she smelled like a pig.

That is a funny one!  Here's the comic in question.

• Haha 2

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Pearls Before Swine, on Thanksgiving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Not sure where this most appropriately belongs but here seems a  reasonable fit!

Only in Canada?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

• Haha 4

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

38 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Funny that the company in question apologized to her, but didn't suggest she could start using the original name again. Is that a non-apology? 9_9

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Yep, a non-apology . . . . . otherwise known as good BS PR - all is not what the normal citizen in the street thinks!

But, those "Beaver Tails" AKA Canadian Semiaquatic Rodent Posterior Donuts, are pretty much equivalent to our "Vetkoek" in South Africa, except they are made flat whereas our ones are similar to a burger bun. Ours are served with cinnamon and sugar or cut open and served with a curry mince filling. Good street food!

• Like 1
  • Delicious 1

Cape Town - At the foot of a flat topped mountain with a tablecloth covering it.

Some time ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A young journalist was interviewing a grizzled old war vet.

After a few basic questions, the journo gingerly asked, “Did you ever kill anyone?”.

The old man smiled and in a soft voice replied, “Probably, . . . . I was the cook.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Cape Town - At the foot of a flat topped mountain with a tablecloth covering it.

Some time ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the "mildly sarcastic" side of food funnies, a local chef Instragrammed his daily special recently. It was an artisan grilled cheese sandwich, smothered in cheese sauce, browned under the salamander, then topped with crispy Southern-fried chicken skin as a garnish.

He hashtagged it with #dietfood and #beachbody. :P

• Haha 1

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning