• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

London - Pre Theatre and Celebratory Meal

christm

Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice. I am graduating this weekend (mature student!) in London.

I wasn't sure of the plans for this weekend but it turns out myself and 4 others will be going to London for the weekend.

Myself and my wife are big foodies who don't really mind spending a reasonable budget on it but the 3 others are a bit more frugal :-)

We need to find 2 places at short notice.

1. A pre theatre place on the Friday. My graduation is on the Friday and we should be back in the heart of London for 6pm - going to see a show at Drury Lane at 7.30 so need somewhere for a quick bite in between but somewhere we won't feel too silly all dressed up.

2. A place for a celebratory meal on the Saturday night.

Any thoughts?

Happy to try most cuisines - previous trips to London have enjoyed visits to Locanda Locatelli, Bar Boulud, Maze Grill, Pattersons (now closed I hear) as well as quick bites in places like Mooli's (also closed I think).

Thanks

Martin