• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cabinets liners

Franci

If you line your cabinets, what product do you use?

I read in an old post about LifeLiner, somewhere else of Cushy Cupboards (which are a little more difficult to buy online) or the Duck brand you find easily on Amazon. And what about Warp Bros?

Thanks

don't get this stuff, as tempting as it may look. I have a zillion rolls your stuff sticks to it:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/Con-Tact-Grip-Ultra-Shelf-Liner-in-Stone/127376?Keyword=cabiner+liners

I have this stuff too (a different brand but same design). Works reasonably well enough for me, although I did end up having to use some double stick tape to anchor it in place, otherwise it would get crumpled when sliding heavy objects into the cabinet.

there used to be old fashioned 'contact' paper you cut to fit. it had some sort of water-proofing on the up side so you could clean it.

It is still made. I know Lowes carries it because I bought some there a few months ago.

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

I always lined my shelves with freezer paper. Unfortunately many of my current kitchen cabinets were so gross and disgusting when I got them that I didn't bother. I can't bring myself to use most of the cabinets at all.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

don't get this stuff, as tempting as it may look. I have a zillion rolls your stuff sticks to it:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/Con-Tact-Grip-Ultra-Shelf-Liner-in-Stone/127376?Keyword=cabiner+liners

Yeah, had some of that on a shelf at the old house. It partially disintegrated and stuck all over things.

I use the clear plastic stuff with ridges for glassware and clear plastic stuff with round bumps for the other shelves -dishes, food etc. The nice part about it is that it can be removed and washed.

I put in those contact grip ones in all my shelfs and they have worked great. No sticking or disintegration after 6 or 7 years. They are also easy to remove when you want to give the cabinet a good cleaning and just place them back in.

And I want a table for two and a chicken for eight o'clock.

So, in case anybody is interested, I got the ikea's rolls. Then I went to BB&B today, so I could touch the lifeliners rolls I was referring to: the ikea's rolls are much harder plastic and tendency to roll up,they are cheaper...the lifeliners are of a softer material, they look easier to cut and likely will stay put when taking items from cabinets.

So, in case anybody is interested, I got the ikea's rolls. Then I went to BB&B today, so I could touch the lifeliners rolls I was referring to: the ikea's rolls are much harder plastic and tendency to roll up,they are cheaper...the lifeliners are of a softer material, they look easier to cut and likely will stay put when taking items from cabinets.

Were these the lifeliners you were speaking of?

Warp Bros. PM125C Plast-O-Mat Ribbed Shelf Liner

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

Were these the lifeliners you were speaking of? Warp Bros. PM125C Plast-O-Mat Ribbed Shelf Liner

From the picture the Warp bros looks very similar to lifeliner