• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Silver Spoon vs Silver Spoon Pasta

Rozin Abbas

I'm amassing a few authoritative texts on pasta right now and these two came up on my search on eGullet. If I purchase the original Silver Spoon, would it be worth still getting the pasta version? I'm unable to get my hands on Silver Spoon Pasta, so I'm unsure of its contents. Or would it be preferable to own both?

As a side note, recipes aren't entirely important to me whereas the quality of information is. If there's some serious overlapping and I can omit some of the books, I'd be happy with that.

For those wondering, the other books in my cart at Abe Books:

- Bugialli on Pasta

- Classical Book of Pasta (Vincenzo Buonassisi)

- The Geometry of Pasta

Ones I own:

- Encyclopedia of Pasta (Oretta Zanini De Vita)

- Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking

- Making Artisan Pasta

- Glorious Pasta of Italy

I have both, and the pasta book is just an expanded version of the original. Plenty of what I'd call "obvious" recipes (ie, X veg sautéed, seasoned, combined w pasta). Zanini da Vita and Fant have a forthcoming book called Sauces and Shapes: Pasta the Italian Way, to be published in October:http://www.amazon.com/Sauces-Shapes-Pasta-Italian-Way/dp/0393082431/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1377828556&sr=8-3&keywords=Maureen+fant