• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

farcego

farcego

as usual, typos

5 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Just wanted to add that I recently bought from them as well based off recommendations from BlueDolphin and BTByrd.    Simply the best experience I’ve had with a mail order vendor.   Prompt, friendly, informative and fairly priced.

I don’t tend to be effusive about vendors.   I will buy again from them ASAP

It is funny that in the first bought, I was prompted to say how I found the store. I stated I wasn't sure, but maybe I knew the store because it was mentioned in the canned sardines topic. Yes! it was a great experience, I think I already found my personal fish tin monger. I am finally going back to Spain in a couple of weeks but otherwise I would have been ordering more anchovies (and always more stuff, for minimizing mail post charges :D).

So here is my question for egullet'ers. Is there a good online retailer (preferably small, and close to DC, I live in Laurel, MD) with a good variety of cheese? specially blue and rinsed cheeses? You can help me stopping saving money while in the US ha-ha. I have no blue cheese available in a reasonable walking distance (1 hour), this is a no-no as it came second to anchovies for me.

farcego

farcego

5 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Just wanted to add that I recently bought from them as well based off recommendations from BlueDolphin and BTByrd.    Simply the best experience I’ve had with a mail order vendor.   Prompt, friendly, informative and fairly priced.

I don’t tend to be effusive about vendors.   I will buy again from them ASAP

It is funny that in the first bought, I was prompted to say how I find the store. I stated I wasn't sure, but maybe I knew the store because it was mentioned in the canned sardines topic. Yes! it was a great experience, I think I already found my personal fish tin monger. I am finally going back to Spain in a couple of weeks but otherwise I would have been ordering more anchovies (and always more stuff, for minimizing mail post charges :D).

So here is my question for egullet'ers. Is there a good online retailer (preferably small, and close to DC, I live in Laurel, MD) with a good variety of cheese? specially blue and rinsed cheeses? You can help me stopping saving money while in the US ha-ha. I have no blue cheese available in a reasonable walking distance (1 hour), this is a no-no as it came second to anchovies for me.