• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

15 hours ago, Nancy in Pátzcuaro said:

If those are boletes in the first photo, they will have tubes rather than gills. They do have the chubby stem of boletus edulis but the caps are very small.

N in P

Well, I went back to the market this morning and bought some more of these

1.thumb.jpg.a006d54d6d3ff7fb7fc231c4993b3ea4.jpg

to check them. As you can see

2.thumb.jpg.af491bdf9c6a2f6e95a7042e8d50e0be.jpg

I have been forced to change my diagnosis. Obviously not boletes, but I'm stumped as to what they may be. I have a friend visiting from Shanghai next week (it's a 5 day national holiday here) . She may know more about these. I'll let you know if I have any info. If you or anyway cares to hazard an identification I'd be delighted.

In the meantime, I'll clean them and have them for dinner.

liuzhou

liuzhou

13 hours ago, Nancy in Pátzcuaro said:

If those are boletes in the first photo, they will have tubes rather than gills. They do have the chubby stem of boletus edulis but the caps are very small.

N in P

Well, I went back to the market this morning and bought some more of these

I have been forced to change my diagnosis. Obviously not boletes, but I'm stumped as to what they may be. I have a friend visiting next week (it's a 5 day national holiday here) . She may know more about these. I'll let you know if I have any info. If you or anyway cares to hazard an identification I'd be delighted.

liuzhou

liuzhou

13 hours ago, Nancy in Pátzcuaro said:

N in P

Well, I went back to the market this morning this morning and bought some more of these

I have been forced to change my diagnosis. Obviously not boletes, but I'm stumped as to what they may be. I have a friend visiting next week (it's a 5 day national holiday here) . She may know more about these. I'll let you know if I have any info. If you or anyway cares to hazard an identification I'd be delighted.