• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

53 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

HaHa! That would probably work if my only phone were not a Princess-style hard wired land line.

I'm just going to be more careful ordering tomatoes. There are some Nature Sweet Cherub grape tomatoes that come in a clamshell available through the software that I almost ordered, and those should be easy to get right. I know they are good, but not quite as good as the Cottle Farms ones I wanted.

Gotcha. Since I use the mobile app I can see the suggestions and choose one of them or decline all together. 

That said, you have to be on top of it. I recently ordered 3, 64oz of diet Snapple and since the plastic bottles in that size wasn’t available my shopper bought 3 12 packs of glasses. The price difference was upwards of $30. I wasn’t pleased. Especially since the mobile app allows you to call your shopper or text them. That’s partially why I was pissed about not being on top of having the original item out of stock.  I primarily use Instacart to get deliveries from Wegman’s which is a nightmare in traffic and always super packed. I do shop in person locally. 

You also have the opportunity to tip more or less/- I tend to tip 15-20% depending on the weather and you can also send a tip after your delivery which I appreciate. 

Do you have Uber in your area? I’d imagine it would be much cheaper and faster than any taxi service. 

Also I’d look again at Drizly.com— it’s an alcohol delivery service. It may only be app based but I know they deliver in NC. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

52 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

HaHa! That would probably work if my only phone were not a Princess-style hard wired land line.

I'm just going to be more careful ordering tomatoes. There are some Nature Sweet Cherub grape tomatoes that come in a clamshell available through the software that I almost ordered, and those should be easy to get right. I know they are good, but not quite as good as the Cottle Farms ones I wanted.

Gotcha. Since I use the mobile app I can see the suggestions and choose one of them or decline all together. 

That said, you have to be on top of it. I recently ordered 3, 64oz of diet Snapple and since the plastic bottles in that size wasn’t available my shopper bought 3 12 packs of glasses. The price difference was upwards of $30. I wasn’t pleased. Especially since the mobile app allows you to call your shopper or text them. That’s partially why I was pissed about not being on top of having the original item out of stock.  I primarily use Instacart to get deliveries from Wegman’s which is a nightmare in traffic and always super packed. I do shop in person locally. 

You also have the opportunity to tip more or less/- I tend to tip 15-20% depending on the weather and you can also send a tip after your delivery which I appreciate. 

Do you have Uber in your area? I’d imagine it would be much cheaper and faster than any taxi service. 

Also I’d look again at Drizly.com. It may only be app based but I know they deliver in NC. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

48 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

47 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

That said, you have to be on top of it. I recently ordered 3, 64oz of diet Snapple and since the plastic bottles in that size wasn’t available my shopper bought 3 12 packs of glasses. The price difference was upwards of $30. I wasn’t pleased. Especially since the mobile app allows you to call your shopper or text them. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

42 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

That said, you have to be on top of it. I recently ordered 3, 64oz of diet Snapple and since the plastic bottles in that size wasn’t available my shopper bought 3 12 packs of glasses. The price difference was upwards of $30. I wasn’t pleased.