• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

I've been using Walmart's free delivery* service for a few months now.  It's great for staples but, of course there's no 'fresh foods' available that way.  I get that from my nearby grocery.  The Walmart prices are often better than the US Amazon prices.

With Amazon lately I've seen no shipping charges even with purchases less than $25...U am a Prime member.  Don't know if this is new policy or because I use my Prime Points but is definitely different from before.

*(free delivery with minimum purchase)

Edited to add:  they tout 'two day delivery', however, at least here that means only if the item is in the local Walmart...anything other than that can take up to a week.  Sometimes my order will come in four separate shipments on different days depending on where the items originate.

lindag

lindag

I've been using Walmart's free delivery* service for a few months now.  It's great for staples but, of course there's no 'fresh foods' available that way.  I get that from my nearby grocery.  The Walmart prices are often better than the US Amazon prices.

With Amazon lately I've seen no shipping charges even with purchases less than $25...U am a Prime member.  Don't know if this is new policy or because I use my Prime Points but is definitely different from before.

*(free delivery with minimum purchase)