• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

16 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

This was wine (and I think I saw vodka) on display all over the store.  From years ago I remember a Shoprite I used to frequent sold alcohol from a separate entrance.  I most remember Ortlieb's beer at 35 cents a quart.

Kings does the same-has it displayed. It it’s a separate purchase in a small area in store to purchase alcohol. You can’t put any booze in with your groceries. 

Alsi the old A&P in Morristown which is now a Whole Foods sold beer and wine (I never noticed liquor as it didn’t interest me then) in the store that you’d be able to purchase with your groceries. I am not an A&P fan but when you’re a college student and you’re parents will give you a credit card to buy groceries... 

This was at least 18 years ago. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

16 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

This was wine (and I think I saw vodka) on display all over the store.  From years ago I remember a Shoprite I used to frequent sold alcohol from a separate entrance.  I most remember Ortlieb's beer at 35 cents a quart.

Kings does the same-has it displayed. It it’s a separate purchase in a small area in store to purchase alcohol. You can’t put any booze in with your groceries.