• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

@huiray, I love your shopping posts and often wish I could come along and see the shops and how you make your selections.  Reading your posts is the next best thing and I certainly appreciate the time you take with these posts.   I do hope you will continue to show and tell us about the fruits (and vegetables and ...:D:D) of your shopping trips and I would love to see or read about others like @Thanks for the Crepes duckling/fish shop story above, with or without pictures.  @Deryn's 70 mile trek across the frozen tundra to Walmart is curious to me as well. Now, until very recently, the closest Walmart to me was about 25 miles away and in SoCal traffic it could probably take as long xD but I would have passed dozens of grocery stores and palm trees xD on my route.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

@huiray, I love your shopping posts and often wish I could come along and see the shops and how you make your selections.  Reading your posts is the next best thing and I certainly appreciate the time you take with these posts.   I do hope you will continue to show and tell us about the fruits (and vegetables and ...:D:D) from your shopping trips and I would love to see or read about others like @Thanks for the Crepes duckling/fish shop story above, with or without pictures.  @Deryn's 70 mile trek across the frozen tundra to Walmart is curious to me as well. Now, until very recently, the closest Walmart to me was about 25 miles away and in SoCal traffic it could probably take as long xD but I would have passed dozens of grocery stores and palm trees xD on my route.