• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[Plan] 8 Free Pressure Cooker Demostrations in S.F. Bay Area

pazzaglia

demo_collage.jpg

I'm in the U.S. (from Italy) for a month of pressure cooker demonstrations, and you’re all invited!

Come to see, hear and taste for yourself how much pressure cookers have changed and learn - why they cook so quickly, the latest safety mechanisms and some really neat home-cooking techniques. The menu includes an eggplant and olive dip, then a cannellini bean salad which is cooked together with pork ribs – a one pot meal recipe from my upcoming cookbook “hip pressure cooking” (St. Martin’s press Fall 2014). Dessert will show how you can kiss your oven goodbye in the summer with little steamed chocolate olive oil lemon cakes.

The two hour demonstrations are free, include tasting the dishes and I stay behind for an extra hour to answer any questions I could not address during the demo and speak to the attendees individually. As a pressure cooker expert, I’m not representing any specific pressure cooker brand - the cooking demos for three different manufacturers.

My goal is to get you pressure cooking, no matter what kind of pressure cooker you have or are planning to buy.

Here is the schedule:

• August 8th, Thursday 12 noon, Williams-Sonoma, 122 N Santa Cruz Ave, Los Gatos, CA -(408) 354-7302 with Fagor
  • August 10th, Saturday 12 noon, Williams-Sonoma, 180 El Camino Real #701 Palo Alto, CA- (650) 321-3486 with Fagor
  • August 15th, Thursday 12 noon, Williams-Sonoma, 122 N Santa Cruz Ave, Los Gatos, CA -(408) 354-7302 with Fagor
  • August 16, Friday 12 noon, Williams-Sonoma, Westfield Valley Fair Mall, 2855 Stevens Creek Blvd, Santa Clara, CA - (408) 985-1507 with Fagor
  • August 17th, Saturday 11:30 AM, Pans on Fire, 3059-JK Hopyard Road, Pleasanton, CA - (925) 600-7267 with Fagor
  • August 21, Wednesday 6:00 PM, Bloomingdale's, 845 Market Street, San Francisco, CA - (415) 856-5300 with WMF
  • August 22, Thursday 6:30 PM, Toque Blanche, 604 Main St, Half Moon Bay, CA - (650) 726-2898 with Fagor
  • August 24, Saturday 12 noon, Lodi Cooks, 5 N School St, Lodi, CA - (209) 334-5751 with Magefesa

For the small cooking schools (Pans on Fire, Toque Blanche and Lodi Cooks), be sure to call-ahead to reserve a spot.

See you there!

L

NOTE: I do these demonstrations free of charge for the manufacturers and am only reimbursed for the ingredients used and gas spent to get there. There is no sales pitch at the demos and I do not personally gain from holding the events (though I do spend quite a bit of my own money come and stay in the U.S. and time to organize, prep and hold the demonstrations).

Click here for the terms under which this event is listed in eG Forums.

sign.jpg

Edited by pazzaglia (log)

hip pressure cooking - making pressure cooking hip, one recipe at a time!