• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Paula Deen's Cook Tells Almost All

weinoo

"This latest enterprise will entail the restructuring of the chef's many brands, which include Paula Deen Foods, Paula Deen Restaurants, and Paula Deen Media."

So, it looks like they are cutting all ties with the past and re-inventing her and her empire from scratch -minus the Food Network.

BTW, here's what it's like to take a Paula Deen cruise.

Paula's back in the news...again.

"Paula Deen shutters Uncle Bubba’s — without bothering to tell her employees"

Paula...such class.  :hmmm:

This was the restaurant at the center of the now infamous lawsuit. The shuttering seems late in coming.

That really just reinforces my already low opinion of her. 

Edited by lindag (log)

As reported in the WaPo?  The paper of microaggression in every corner is hardly unbiased.

Anyone who didn't see Uncle Bubba's closing its doors coming, wasn't paying attention a year ago. 

The place was a money pit and a gift her idiot brother didn't deserve to have.  I don't blame her for putting that ugly chapter in life behind her.

• Like 1

As reported in the WaPo?  The paper of microaggression in every corner is hardly unbiased.

Anyone who didn't see Uncle Bubba's closing its doors coming, wasn't paying attention a year ago. 

The place was a money pit and a gift her idiot brother didn't deserve to have.  I don't blame her for putting that ugly chapter in life behind her.

Giving her employees a bit more forewarning would not have hurt though. 

No doubt.  They were given severance pay when they showed up, which is better than showing up and not knowing where to collect one's final pay.

I've had that happen to me before and it's not good. 

Giving her employees a bit more forewarning would not have hurt though.

I've worked for a couple restaurants that have unfortunately closed. Friends have worked for others suffering the same fate. No notice was ever given. Severance pay was not given either. Sometimes, final paychecks were not given out.

• Like 2

That's the thing about opposum inerds, they's just as tasty the next day.