• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pie: NYTimes take on Pie

rotuts

Wow. good for you. are you looking for the lemon meringue pie? or just the lemon w no meringue?

I hope to see your results. I dont have a pronounced sweet tooth so im more of the fruit/crumble sort of person

the exception is the lemon meringue pie, which can be vastly improved thinking in the lime meringue pie direction.

after which some very nice cheese?

I take it that in FR you cant get key limes? they simply are much more aromatic.

Edited by rotuts (log)

Key limes are real pain to juice. Regular old limes work fine for lime pie (just don't call it Key lime). I always grate or finely chop citrus rind for lemon pie and have with lime, as well. The only problem is that the lime rind gets too tart as the pie sits. Same deal with limeade. You better drink it all in one sitting or put it in the freezer for later.