• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[CHI] Alinea – Grant Achatz – Reviews & Discussion (Part 3)

Lenski

As always, fantastic images, Anthony. Thanks for sharing (again). Looking back, which you have facilitated so wonderfully, I really loved the Venison in Savory Granola and the Manchego Transparency. Also, the Orange and Olive Oil dessert was fantastic. It was all delicious and beautiful-looking but those courses really stood out for me . . . along with a bunch of others, too :biggrin:

=R=

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com

Also have to say that the Monkish (3 ways) was stupendous. There was a medallion cooked en sous vide, some tail (battered and fried crisp) and a mousse of monkfish liver. Wow!! :smile:

=R=

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com

Wow! You did have me going for a few seconds, YT, after all it was your birthday! :laugh:

Spectacular photographs of spectacularly beautiful food! It is nice to see that both you and Grant Achatz are still very much alive and kicking...not that I had any doubt! What is particularly amazing about the quality of this photography is that it is done table-side during dinner. Though they look like they could have been, they were not shot in a special photo shoot. It has been too long since I have been to Alinea.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

3. CHANTERELLE carrot, curry, ham

gallery_15603_4373_18379.jpg

gallery_15603_4373_11506.jpg

gallery_15603_4373_48566.jpg

gallery_15603_4373_22415.jpg

What is the relationship of these three plates in this post?

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

The roll shown in the first picture was intended as a pairing for the course. The bowl was presented with the clear tube still full of the chanterelle puree and other ingredients (shown in the second picture). The tube was then lifted allowing the ingredients to spread out (shown in the final two pictures).

-Josh

Now blogging at http://jesteinf.wordpress.com/