• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: SobaAddict70 (2013) -- La Cuisine du Marché

Lovely food. On the baked egg dish that was shown with the asparagus salad - did you have anything like some crusty bread with that?

nope. if I eat carbs too early in the day (it's 7 pm now but it's 2 pm for me, body-clock wise), I fall asleep.

oddly enough, I get more energetic as the day goes on, which is why during the weekend, my schedule is inverted.

you and my husband!! on the weekend he turns into a vampire. showed him your food pix and now he wants me to recreate some of your more vege-centric dishes.

No good farmers markets around here yet but we are off to Poughkeepsie so I can stop at Quattro's store and use some of my gift certificates. Nice work, Stash.

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

I suppose I shouldn't have worried, but next time I'll reduce the amount of liquid since the dough didn't feel "right". I had to add more flour than the recipe called for.

attachicon.gif062-001.JPG

attachicon.gif067-001.JPG

If you have "Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone" (by Deborah Madison), this is found on page 667.

Will be having this for breakfast tomorrow.

Don't reduce the amount of liquid. You are not baking in a hermetically controlled environment therefore humididity affects how much flour will be required. Trust your hands.

• Like 1

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

I suppose I shouldn't have worried, but next time I'll reduce the amount of liquid since the dough didn't feel "right". I had to add more flour than the recipe called for.

attachicon.gif062-001.JPG

attachicon.gif067-001.JPG

If you have "Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone" (by Deborah Madison), this is found on page 667.

Will be having this for breakfast tomorrow.

Don't reduce the amount of liquid. You are not baking in a hermetically controlled environment therefore humididity affects how much flour will be required. Trust your hands.

well, it WAS 89 F+ that day, so that might have had something to do with it. hmmmm....

I was wondering why the yeast didn't turn foamy too.

Lovely food. On the baked egg dish that was shown with the asparagus salad - did you have anything like some crusty bread with that?

nope. if I eat carbs too early in the day (it's 7 pm now but it's 2 pm for me, body-clock wise), I fall asleep.

oddly enough, I get more energetic as the day goes on, which is why during the weekend, my schedule is inverted.

you and my husband!! on the weekend he turns into a vampire. showed him your food pix and now he wants me to recreate some of your more vege-centric dishes.

No good farmers markets around here yet but we are off to Poughkeepsie so I can stop at Quattro's store and use some of my gift certificates. Nice work, Stash.

LOL. thanks suzi. YAY!!!

Still trying to understand how you can turn out such incredible meals from your very compact kitchen.

dcarch

I guess I just try to make the most of things given what I have. Space is not an issue -- a while ago, I was contemplating making cocido madrileño as well as a bollito misto -- just to see if I could do it. But then I realized that leftovers would have been an issue, so that will have to wait until I move to San Francisco. The guy I'm long-distance dating has already expressed an interest in trying my cooking.

ambra/rotuts -- thanks!

Edited by SobaAddict70 (log)

I've just read through your entire blog last night & this morning. How marvelous! Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to do this for us.

Empathysizing with the small kitchen, but I know it's possible. We went cruising on our 35' sailboat & then continued to live aboard for 10 years. My little L-shaped galley was about 3' x 4' - not "floor space", that included the counters, stove, sinks, fridge, and my floor space was about 2' x 2'. People were continually amazed by what I could produce from that limited space - and Presentation was always Key!

Thanks again, for this wonderful peek into your culinary life.

I've just read through your entire blog last night & this morning. How marvelous! Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to do this for us.

Empathysizing with the small kitchen, but I know it's possible. We went cruising on our 35' sailboat & then continued to live aboard for 10 years. My little L-shaped galley was about 3' x 4' - not "floor space", that included the counters, stove, sinks, fridge, and my floor space was about 2' x 2'. People were continually amazed by what I could produce from that limited space - and Presentation was always Key!

Thanks again, for this wonderful peek into your culinary life.

Was my pleasure. :smile:

Shelby -- thanks!

Edited by SobaAddict70 (log)

Soba,

Thank you so very much for the blog. We greatly enjoyed seeing the beautiful presentations and getting some great new ideas for vegetable dishes.

Kay

• Like 1