• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Raamo

Raamo

24 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

A couple of questions:

What ratio of water to rice do you use for cooking rice in the rice cooker? 

How long does jasmine rice take to cook?

Does the particular Zo you have, have a rice setting?  If not, what do you use?

Thanks!

We use the White Rice/Mixed setting - our rice cooker is the NP-GBC05

It comes with a cup, we fill that to the 1/2 mark then in the bowl there is a mark for 1/2 and we fill water up to that level.

That works every time, I have no idea what the exact ratio is.  I trust the machine.

It does take at least 50 mins or so - we usually put water/rice in it and set a time we want it to be done.  Often that's 2 hours ahead of time.

Raamo

Raamo

19 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

A couple of questions:

What ratio of water to rice do you use for cooking rice in the rice cooker? 

How long does jasmine rice take to cook?

Does the particular Zo you have, have a rice setting?  If not, what do you use?

Thanks!

We use the White Rice/Mixed setting - our rice cooker is the NP-GBC05

It comes with a cup, we put usually fill that to the 1/2 mark then in the bowl there is a mark for 1/2 and we fill water up to that level.

That works every time, I have no idea what the exact ratio is.  I trust the machine.

It does take at least 50 mins or so - we usually put water/rice in it and set a time we want it to be done.  Often that's 2 hours ahead of time.