• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Japanese Kracie Brand Poppin Cookin/Happy Kitchen DIY Snack Kits

3 posts in this topic

Im surprised no one has mentioned these Japanese Do It Yourself Snack Kits, from Kracie brand

They are called Poppin Cookin' or Happy Kitchen.

They are little snacks you make yourself like Waffles, Fast Food Happy Meal (w/Cola), Cakes, Ramen Noodles, Curry Rice etc

Some, even involve Spherification...

You can buy them on eBay, Amazon, JList etc.

Here are a few videos,

Happy Meal

Sushi W/Spherification aspects

Wawa Sizzli FTW!

I am overwhelmed with work to do today and supper to make and yet I sat there watching those videos with my mouth wide open, disbelieving almost what I was seeing before my eyes. Maybe I am just too old. :raz::laugh::raz:

learn, learn, learn...

Cheers & Chocolates

Im obsessed with them. I wait for new kits to come out and snap them up immediately

Wawa Sizzli FTW!

• Similar Content

• By ulterior epicure
      Can anyone illuminate me on the appeal of cooking meat by putting it in a plastic bag and boiling it? I've had this at many a (fine) restaurant and I fail to appreciate the ecstasy at which some seem to undergo when encountering (or offering) this preparation...
      Short of sounding absolutely ignorant, I realize that the technique affords great advantages to some products (like foie gras), but chicken? pork? Tender as they may be, I prefer a more natural way of "sealing" food - perhaps the age-old bladder or other non-porous offal
      I ask only because I wish that I could be "enlightened" and join the swooning masses when offered this preparation at a restaurant...
    • By curls
      Looking for your opinions and experiences... I am planning to put some wire shelving in my chocolate & confections kitchen. The kitchen has a concrete floor. This shelving will hold ingredients, colored cocoa butters, and packaging. Wondering if I should get casters for this shelving... what are your thoughts on this oh so important question?  ;-)
    • By Bentley
      I'd like to do a smores flavor and a few other uses of marshmallows in some molded chocolates.  Can anyone give me some guidance on preparing marshmallows so that I can pipie them into the molds?  I see a problem similar to the PDFs....by the time they are cool enough to put in the chocolate shells, they are too firm to pipe.   Anyone have any tips, pointers, suggestions, etc.?
    • By bhsimon
      I want to make mint spheres for use in a hot sauce. (Think lamb with mint caviar.)   Can this be done? Is it possible to make heat-stable spheres?   What is the most effective way to extract mint flavour from the raw leaves? I don't want the resulting spheres to contain alcohol as it will be served to children. My cursory investigations indicate that glycerol may be an alternative—has anyone done this?
    • By boudin noir
      I recently did some halibut steaks sous vide. They were about 1 1/2  inches thick. I did them for 30 minutes at 122 degrees. When i took them out to brown them, they were very fragile. As I browned them they fell apart. They were delicious, perfectly cooked from an eating point of view, but ugly. Too hot, too long or both?