• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions 2012 & 2013

heidih

Who will it be???

The avocado makes me think California.

That and the terrazo tile looking floor makes me think that it may be you?

My avocados are still hanging on the tree and probably not pickable till spring. That is if the miserable rotten squirrels will stop taking small bites out of the rock hard fruits which leads to rot....

002.JPG

• Like 2

Nope. Not me, but I agree it's someone in California. Maybe Frog Princesse? Or Blue Dolphin? As I recall, she's on the Central Coast, around San Luis Obispo, I think. Shel B maybe?

• Like 1

--Roberta--

"Let's slip out of these wet clothes, and into a dry Martini" - Robert Benchley

Pierogi's eG Foodblog

My *outside* blog, "A Pound Of Yeast"

Lancaster/Palmdale area, perhaps? I get the impression Andie can grow just about anything.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

I don't think it's California. Unless, as anabelle said, it's an older picture. Tomatoes are still in the farmer's markets but haven't seen many eggplants lately.

My CSA had avocados recently but not that variety and the last sweet corn was a month ago, in the boxes we got the week of Oct 14.

Anyone in Mexico? Nancy in Pátzcuaro?

You're being a little coy, heidih. I rather think that waterside picture could even be from almost anywhere in the world, so it is not really useful as a "hint", unless one actually recognized that particular view in a particular locale, and that would need the viewer to be specifically cognizant of that particular view.

Edited by huiray (log)