• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions 2012 & 2013

heidih

As will I.

I have a tremendous respect for all who blog.

Tremendous.

but ............ if its DH I sooooooooo look forward to Cheeeeeeeeeese and Bread and Plonk!

and being both a Cat and Dog person

what's up with Rupert?

Edited by rotuts (log)

I have no idea but am looking forward to it.

That photo is so reminiscent of several photos that were sent to me by friends who were traveling in Spain a few months ago.

Pictures of the medieval towns of Besalu and Beget, Cardona and others, can't recall the names now.

They took some wide-angle panorama views from a hilltop trail above a valley with two or three hilltop villages with similar structures.

I think they were in Catalonia.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Kerry Beal called it yesterday as Dave Hatfield in France. I will post a link when he starts on his 13th. There will be a bit of a twist to this foodblog......

A couple images to tide you over

wine.jpg

bread.jpg

• Like 2

Annabelle, can't remember the thought bubbles. I'll have to look it up on the old blogs.

rotuts, all good things come to those who wait.

As Heidih mentioned this food blog is going to be a bit different.

jusqu'à dimanche!

• Like 1

Dave, re the thought bubbles. You had a picture of a picnic or some sort of celebration where the locals were sitting around tables and there was an older woman in a black dress with a sour look on her face. I can't remember what the thought bubble said, but it was a scream. Very judgmental and very old Gallic.

Dave, re the thought bubbles. You had a picture of a picnic or some sort of celebration where the locals were sitting around tables and there was an older woman in a black dress with a sour look on her face. I can't remember what the thought bubble said, but it was a scream. Very judgmental and very old Gallic.

Ah! Now I remember. She was at a village repas raising money for a church restoration. Now's not the season for such things, but I'll see what I can do or find.

Really looking forward to it Dave. Will there be lots of cheese (crosses fingers)?

I wouldn't dare to not include some cheese. Any particular varieties you'd like to see? I'll probably throw in some other charcuiterie items as well.

I hate ultra modern kitchens. They are for show only and not for cooking.

You have a difference kind of kitchen. Very comfortable and user friendly in feeling. You just want to cook something in there.

Look forward to your blog.

dcarch

charcuiterie

Yum Yum !

just as well not to show us some Bleu d' Bresse :biggrin:

id have to get a new mortgage and drive all the way into Somerville to get some.

decided to 'desensitize' myself:

https://www.google.com/search?q=bleu+de+bresse&client=firefox-a&hs=WoL&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=oVNZUpGjF-_G4APssIG4Bg&ved=0CDQQsAQ&biw=1205&bih=1011&dpr=1

Yum!

Edited by rotuts (log)

• 3 weeks later...

Who will it be???

The avocado makes me think California.

That and the terrazo tile looking floor makes me think that it may be you?

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!