• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

snowangel

Dinner II: The Gallery of Regrettable Foods (Part 2)

Don't you just hate when you go to all that effort and the result is a fail....had a few of those lately....time to go back to some basic recipes like cauliflower in cheese sauce.  😯

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

Don't you just hate when you go to all that effort and the result is a fail....had a few of those lately....time to go back to some basic recipes like cauliflower in cheese sauce.  😯

I had an epic fail this week.  I wanted corn risotto and I had a recipe for cod fish cakes that also had some corn in it that was to go with it..  I should have known better than to use out of season corn.  The cod cakes would not hold together when made as per the recipe.  I kept adding panko until they were somewhat glued together but then they wanted to fall apart in the frying pan.  The corn risotto was fibrous.  Not a pleasant meal.

• Sad 4

On 5/10/2019 at 4:59 PM, Okanagancook said:

That was disappointing, but tweaked a little and it could be really good.

That's the thing about opposum inerds, they's just as tasty the next day.

I had a fail with my pistachio ice cream.  Details elsewhere.  Tonight I took the last out with the trash.  Ingredients were not cheap.

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, chileheadmike said:

That was disappointing, but tweaked a little and it could be really good.

Maybe it just needed a rest for a day or two. Works way with smoked cheese. 

On 5/11/2019 at 4:59 AM, Okanagancook said:

Must be catching. My dinner tonight was a disaster. Barely edible and certainly not photograph worthy.  Yet it, too, was something I've made a zillion times with no problems.

• Sad 3