• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

This is the sort of thread I can see myself contributing to regularly.

red wine kidneys1 (Large).jpg

This was supposedly kidneys in a red wine sauce. It looks like I've swallowed it, half digested it and thrown it back up! Tasted OK, though.

crab cake (Large).jpg

This Thai style crab cake looks like it was plated by lobbing it out the window of a passing plane. Then someone seems to have peed on the plate.

DSC01302 (Large).jpg

The subtle art of plating meatballs in tomato sauce with rice. Picasso eat your heart out - it would be better than eating this mess.

burnt (Large).jpg

BBQ sausage. Burnt to a cinder at one end; still raw at the other.

IMG_5306 (Large).jpg

Maillard effect gone ballistic.

liuzhou

liuzhou

This is the sort of thread I can see myself contributing to regularly.

red wine kidneys1 (Large).jpg

This was supposedly kidneys in a red wine sauce. It looks like I've swallowed it, half digested it and thrown it back up! Tasted OK, though.

crab cake (Large).jpg

This Thai style crab cake looks like it was plated by lobbing it out the window of a passing plane. Then someone seems to have peed on the plate.

DSC01302 (Large).jpg

The subtle art of plating meatballs in tomato sauce with rice. Picasso eat your heart out - it would be better than eating this mess.

burnt (Large).jpg

BBQ sausage. Burnt to a cinder at one end; still raw at the other.

IMG_5306 (Large).jpg

Maillard effect gone ballistic.