• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

remove extraneous link

After the Final Straw, a Laphroaig-based Last Word variation which substituted Benedictine for the Maraschino liqueur, I was encouraged to explore more cocktails pairing peaty scotch, Chartreuse and Benedictine...

Butter Lemon Smoke (TJ Vytlacil) with Laphroaig 10, Landy VS cognac, green Chartreuse, Benedictine.

Note that the cocktail was conceived with Peat Monster which, unlike its name indicates, is actually less peaty than Laphroaig.

25697743530_a548663e63_h.jpg

This was a rather rich cocktail, although the Laphroaig cut through most of the sweetness and made it work. Some buttery rich notes came through, lemon from a generous zest (in addition to the garnish, I used an extra peel to generously spray the surface of the cocktail), and obviously the smoke from the scotch.

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

remove extraneous link

After the Final Straw, a Laphroaig-based Last Word variation which substituted Benedictine for the Maraschino liqueur, I was encouraged to explore more cocktails pairing peaty scotch, Chartreuse and Benedictine...

Butter Lemon Smoke (TJ Vytlacil) with Laphroaig 10, Landy VS cognac, green Chartreuse, Benedictine.

Note that the cocktail was conceived with Peat Monster which, unlike its name indicates, is actually less peaty than Laphroaig.

This was a rather rich cocktail, although the Laphroaig cut through most of the sweetness and made it work. Some buttery rich notes came through, lemon from a generous zest (in addition to the garnish, I used an extra peel to generously spray the surface of the cocktail), and obviously the smoke from the scotch.

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse