• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rrigreid

rrigreid

On 7/15/2015 at 10:55 AM, Shel_B said:

I've been grill-less for quite some time, but yesterday I closed a deal on a gas grill.  I've only cooked on gas once, and that was last summer on the very grill I just acquired.  So, cookin' with gas is a new thing to me.

That said, the grill I purchased is a Kenmore ... it doesn't seem to be a very high end grill, but the price was right: $45.00.  In addition, it belongs to our tenants who are moving at the end of the month, and they don't want to move that puppy to Southern California.  So, not only did I get it at a decent price, but it's already on the patio, so there's no need for me to move it at all.

Here's a pic of the grill I purchased as it was when shiny new.  I won't get a chance to snap a pic of the actual grill until later in the week.

Kenmore Grill.jpg

best small gas grills for balcony

Any tips on using a gas grill?  Accessories I should think about?  Thanks!

My sister and her hubby have recently bought an apartment with a decent sized balcony.

They love to bbq.

I want to get them a bbq as a house warming. My budget is $500

It would need to be the size of a Webber, that can hold a gas bottle in a concealed compartment. Wheels would be great, as would foldable side trays.

Besides Webber, I don’t know any other brands.

Please recommend

rrigreid

rrigreid

On 7/15/2015 at 10:55 AM, Shel_B said:

I've been grill-less for quite some time, but yesterday I closed a deal on a gas grill.  I've only cooked on gas once, and that was last summer on the very grill I just acquired.  So, cookin' with gas is a new thing to me.

That said, the grill I purchased is a Kenmore ... it doesn't seem to be a very high end grill, but the price was right: $45.00.  In addition, it belongs to our tenants who are moving at the end of the month, and they don't want to move that puppy to Southern California.  So, not only did I get it at a decent price, but it's already on the patio, so there's no need for me to move it at all.

Here's a pic of the grill I purchased as it was when shiny new.  I won't get a chance to snap a pic of the actual grill until later in the week.

Kenmore Grill.jpg

Any tips on using a gas grill?  Accessories I should think about?  Thanks!

My sister and her hubby have recently bought an apartment with a decent sized balcony.

They love to bbq.

I want to get them a bbq as a house warming. My budget is $500

It would need to be the size of a Webber, that can hold a gas bottle in a concealed compartment. Wheels would be great, as would foldable side trays.

Besides Webber, I don’t know any other brands.

Please recommend