• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner in Napa--Brix

martha

Is Brix good?

Our concierge says it's lovely and the website looks promising. A quick look at the SF gate site indicates a lot of changes over the long term, but nothing in the past few years.

Any input or tips? We live in san diego, and were planning for thsi to be our farm-to-table california evening of the trip.

I think Brix is just ok, if not downright mediocre. A caveat, I haven't been to Brix since 2007 so it may be very different then when I last went.

Brix has a very nice outdoor patio area and depending on the time of year and day, it can be pretty. The food was very pedestrian in my opinion. Not bad by any means, just very average for the price. For a similar concept/price point, we greatly preferred Mustard's Grill which is all of about 1000 ft. down the road from Brix.

Sorry, not familiar with any of those places. I'm from Atlanta, so on the rare occasions when we get out to Napa/Sonoma we usually save up for a blow out meal at Meadowood/TFL/Auberge du Soleil/Redd or the like. Other than Mustard's, I'm pretty ignorant on good mid-level Napa dining options.