• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cuisine, Culture & Community Les Dames d'Escoffier Event Phill

Hello all you sleepy PA folks! There is a wonderful event taking place in a couple of weeks that I am participating in and thought you all might want to know about. The Philadelphia chapter of the International Les Dames d'Escoffier is sponsoring a day long symposium called Cuisine, Culture & Community - A Global Celebration of Women and Food. It's an all day event with seminars, breakfast, lunch and tastings with some of the premier women in the food industry. Nathalie Dupree is the keynote speaker. Should be a wonderful day with a lot of interesting seminars throughout the day. I will be signing my book during the luncheon and doing a demonstration of making an herbal simple syrup and cocktails in the third session in the afternoon. I am so pleased to have been asked to participate with all these iconic women. There is a full schedule of the event HERE so you can see what seminars are available at which times. I am hoping to see some friendly faces in the crowd. So come out all you home cooks and aspiring mixologists and sommeliers! It'll be a day to remember. Hope to see you all there!

Please click here for the terms under which this event is listed in eG Forums.

Edited by Mjx (log)

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol