• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Copco Loaf Pan Wanted

Shel_B

I have a favorite loaf pan. It's a Copco, made of clay or terracotta. The one I have is 10-inches long by about 4-inches wide. I used to have a more standard sized loaf pan, but the ex-wife took it when she left. I'd like to get one ... can anyone help me find the pan? I've been looking for a l-o-n-g time. Thanks!

Copco Bread Pan.jpg

• Like 1

... Shel

Well, that was fast! I checked ebay earlier today and didn't see that. Not sure I want the casserole along with the loaf pan, but I'll ask the seller if she'll sell just the one item. Thanks!

... Shel

• 6 months later...

Hurray! I found the original company that made these pans, and they are still making them. They're in upstate NY, and they are more interesting than I ever thought. They are made with a special clay from a quarry owned by the company, and this clay has non stick properties. Oh, I am so friggin happy!

Tomorrow I will contact directly and order a couple of pans. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: etc.

• Like 4

... Shel