• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

Spelling

On 7/7/2021 at 6:49 AM, weinoo said:

This doctor makes some of the quacks I've seen over the years seem positively brilliant.

Just eat less, and get off your asses.

Agree

Diets where you cut out this or that are not sustainable for the most part

5 yrs ago before heading to Europe on  a trip to buy Armagnac barrels with a stop in Austria along the way,  I knew we would be doing a lot of walking with steep inclines.  So started walking a bunch and continued after our return.  Along the way, lost a lot of weigh by just walking and eating less.  No food restrictions at all.   Eat anything you want but just eat less of it.   Still following that rule and have kept the weight off.  Don’t walk as much as I use to but still walk a lot.  I take stairs over elevator often as well depending on the number of floors.  My maternal grandmother as I knew her was always very heavy but as she got closer to 90 lost a bunch of weight.   Her advice, eat less

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

On 7/7/2021 at 6:49 AM, weinoo said:

This doctor makes some of the quacks I've seen over the years seem positively brilliant.

Just eat less, and get off your asses.

Agree

Diets where you cut out this or that are not sustainable for the most part

5 yrs ago before heading to Europe on  a trip to by Armagnac barrels with a stop in Austria along the way,  I knew we would be doing a lot of walking with steep inclines.  So started walking a bunch and continued after our return.  Along the way, lost a lot of weigh by just walking and eating less.  No food restrictions at all.   Eat anything you want but just eat less of it.   Still following that rule and have kept the weight off.  Don’t walk as much as I use to but still walk a lot.  I take stairs over elevator often as well depending on the number of floors.  My maternal grandmother as I knew her was always very heavy but as she got closer to 90 lost a bunch of weight.   Her advice, eat less